Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Gift Wrap to "Leaf" them Speechless

Welcome back (I know two posts in one day for two days in a row!)  I always take pictures of the families at our Thanksgiving get togethers but for some reason I always forget to send them the pictures so this year I made them a special picture frame to hold the pictures from last year and they can use it for future pictures as well.  In order to really wow my friends I wanted to make an equally special gift bag for the frames.  I started with a basic white gift bag and added two pieces of designer series paper from the Orchard Harvest DSP, a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock that I stamped with the leaf outline images from the Gently Falling stamp set, and a piece of Early Espresso cardstock that we embossed with the lattice embossing folder.  I also added a strip of Island Indigo ruffled ribbon.
 
I really wanted to make a wow gift tag so I used the Two Tags Bigz die to cut out the tag and used the Timber stampin' wheel along the bottom and sponged around the edges with Cajun Craze ink.  The greeting is stamped with the Day of Gratitude stamp set and inked with Stampin' Write Markers (you'll notice I used the same greeting and coloring for several of my Thanksgiving projects so they all coordinate.  The leaves were cut out with the Autumn Accents Bigz die and I used the Woodgrain, lattice, and Fancy Fan embossing folders.  For the acorn I added a piece of Champagne shimmer paper for the top (cut it out with the same die).
 
This gift bag turned out so cute you'll want to use it for gift after gift.
 
Enjoy,
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog