Thursday, November 29, 2012

30-Day Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 29

Welcome back!  You've just about reached the end of the challenge, just one more day to go.  I wanted to make something super awesome for today's gratitude card so I decided to use the emboss resist technique.  I had thought that this card would turn out to be Christmassy because of the colors but don't know if it's all that Christmassy.  I started with a Gumball Green cardbase (isn't this green just the most perfect Christmas green ever??) and ran it through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder.  Next I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the doilies from the Delicate Doilies stamp set with Versamark and then embossed them with Whisper White embossing powder.  Next I took a sponge and swirled Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler ink all over the paper.  The great thing about this technique is that after you've added the color you can take a paper towel or tissue and rub off the excess ink and the embossed images will stay white and really "pop."  This panel was matted on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and then I added a piece of Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon.  The greeting is from the Lacy and Lovely stamp set and is punched out with the oval punch and then matted with Cherry Cobbler cardstock that was punched out with the Scallop Oval punch.
 
What do you think?  This card is so fun and easy and really makes a statement.  I've enjoyed hainv you join me with the challenge this month and tomorrow will be the last day so you won't want to miss out.
 
Enjoy,
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog