Thursday, November 15, 2012

30-Day Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 15

Good morning friends!  So we're half way through the challenge, are you keeping up?  Today I'm sharing a fun card using a stamp set I just bought, Pursuit of Happiness.  I started with the Soft Suede card base and added a piece of Orchard Harvest designer series paper (love how some of the prints are multi-tasking and just not fall theme.  Then I added a piece of First Edition DSP that I stamp the compass from The Open Sea and then sponged around the edes with Crumb Cake ink.  I added a piece of Chocolate Chip 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon (retired) around the DSP and to create a flag.  Next I ran a piece of Crumb Cake paper through the Big Shot first with the Scallop Square Duo Bigz Die and then embossed it with the Houndstooth embossing folder before sponging the raised texture with Crumb Cake ink.  Next I inked the greeting from Pursuit of Happiness with Stampin' Write markers, stamped and sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake Ink.  The final touch was to add one of the extra large Always Articoke buttons from the Deck the Halls Package (retired but available on the clearance rack) and used linen thread to die a bow in the button. 
 
This card was so fun and I love all the texture, plus it's so versatile, you could simply change the colors and greeting for any occasion.
 
Have a great Thursday!
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog