Thursday, November 2, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 2 (Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge)

Good morning!  For today's gratitude card I decided to have a little fun and play along with the Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe challenge.  I'll admit, this one stumped me a little bit and then I remembered the Christmas Staircase Thinlits I used this weekend to make a Christmas tree on a scrapbook page I made so I thought about trying to take some of the die cut pieces to make a wreath, haha so excited with that!!

I started with Garden Green cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of DSP from the Merry Music Speciality Designer Series Paper package for a great neutral cardfront.  The greeting is from the Wood Words stamp set and was stamped in Garden Green ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched out with the 1" Circle Punch.  I used the 1 1/4" Circle Punch for the mat using Cherry Cobbler cardstock and used a dimensional to attach the greeting to the cardfront.

Now for the centerpiece of the card....I used the Big Shot and Christmas Staircase Thinlits to cut several pieces of greenery (I believe I used 8-9 pieces but play around with it for the thickness of the wreath you prefer) out of Garden Green cardstock.  I started by laying them out in a circle before gluing to make sure I had enough and to know what size of background I would need.





Next I started gluing the pieces onto Whisper White cardstock using my Fine Tip Glue pen to only add glue to the bottom of the greenery so I could fluff up the branches.  Once I was finished with the wreath I added a bow tied with Cherry Cobbler 1/4" Double Stitched Ribbon.  To dress things up a little I went over all the greenery pieces with my Clear Wink of Stella Pen to add a little sparkle (you can see it better in this closeup).  The final touch was to mat the piece with Cherry Cobbler cardstock and attach it to the cardfront.










Here's the challenge that we were given, so many options.

I really love how this card turned out, it has a ton of texture but will still lay nice and flat for mailing which is perfect for Christmas greetings which often get mailed.  I work hard to make my Christmas thank you's before the business of the holiday season so there is no reason
not to send thank you notes for all the thoughtful gifts you receive during the holidays.






Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Gorgeous detailed wreath and I really like the black/white DSP you used! Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog