Tuesday, November 28, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 28

Good morning!  I'm back with today's gratitude challenge card and while it would have been easy to just flood this week with holiday themed cards I think we will be getting enough of that and can sometimes  enjoy changing things up.  Today I decided to take a gift bag that I created as a display for Aprils On Stage event showcasing the new This Little Piggy stamp set and reinvent it into a card (and also eliminated some of the items that had retired).

I used Power Pink cardstock for the cardbase and then added the front from the kraft gift bag (the one retired item I kept because I just loved the look with the clouds stamped in White Kraft Ink).  Next I have a piece of DSP from the Delightful Daisy Designer Series paper that was matted with Pumpkin Pie Cardstock.

The main stamped image was stamped on Shimmery White cardstock and then I used Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen to color in the grass.  I used the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out the square for just the right fit.  Instead of coloring in the entire pig I decided to do a little paper piercing so I stamped the pig again on Powder Pink cardstock and cut it out with my Paper Snips and just attached it with dimensionals over the image on the white piece (I did use the watercolor pencils and blender pen to color in the snout and toes of the pig).

The greeting was stamped on regular Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the same framelits and then I sponged around the edges with Pumpkin Pie ink before attaching it with dimensionals.  I also used dimensionals to attach the card piece (yes I love dimensionals!!) but before doing that I added some Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Stitched Edge Ribbon to peak out the top and bottom.

It was fun repurposing the initial project and since I didn't have any immediate plans for the gift bag this will be put to good use (and come on who wouldn't smile when they open up a card with this cute little piggy greeting them??)

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog