Friday, November 3, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 3 (SSINK CASE the Designer)

Good morning!  Today the SSINKspiration designers are playing CASE the designer and today we're focusing on the fabulous Cathy Autrey.  Cathy has a great design style and I enjoyed reviewing all her blog projects for inspiration.  I decided to use  her great fall frenzy card, see HERE.  I stayed true to most of Cathy's design and colors but did change up the greeting and which thinlit I used to cut out the leaves.

I started with old Olive cardstock for the cardbase.  Pear Pizzaz was used for the cardfront and I stamped the small leaf image from the Colorful Seasons stamp set in Old Olive ink.  I attached the cardfront to the cardbase with dimensionals to add some height and shadows.

The greeting is from the All Things Thanks stamp set and was stamped in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits.


For the leaves I followed Cathy's technique and used Crushed Curry cardstock and then sponged it with Old Olive and Cajun Craze ink before cutting out the leaves with the Seasonal Layers Thinlits.  I love the cut out element of this thinlit so I decided to use it over a solid leaf.  I attached the leaves with the Fine Tip Glue pen and old added glue in a couple of places so I could curl the leaves so they're a bit more realistic.

This is such a pretty card, thanks for the inspiration Cathy!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog