Monday, November 20, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 20 (SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC49)

Good morning!  Today the SSINKspiration designers have a technique challenge and we're using the eclipse technique.  This technique became popular after the solar eclipse in August and it's really easy.  Most times I've seen this technique used with letters but I decided to change it up and use the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, which are so beautiful, just watch out for all the little pieces.

I started with Whisper White Thick cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Berry Burst cardstock.  The designer series paper is from the Delightful Daisy DSP pack and I love the watercolor look to this pattern.  I started by running the DSP and thinlits through the Big Shot (now here it's key to make sure you don't loose any of the little pieces you would normally trash when you cut out an image.  I attached the cardfront DSP to the Berry Burst layer and then used Mini Dimensionals (I had to cut some of them into quarters to get pieces small enough to add to the back of the dragonfly pieces and attached it so the cut out dragonflies are raised.  Now comes the fun part, I glued all the little pieces from inside the cutout directly to the Berry Burst layer so they were below the raised dragonflies (just be patient and use either Paper Snips to help place and push down the pieces or a paper piercer).  This took a little while but man I love the end result.

To finish off the card I stamped the greeting from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set in Berry Burst ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut it out with the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits.  I used my favorite Silver 3/8" Metallic-Edge Ribbon to wrap around the cardfront and then tied a little bow to attach.  Of course I used dimensionals to attach the greeting since you know I like my greetings popped up.

What do you think?  While this took a little longer to assemble versus using letters I really like how it turned out and showed how you can use other dies for this fun technique.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing using this technique and then we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog