Wednesday, November 8, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 8

Good morning!  Today I have a fun masculine card for today's gratitude card which was designed for my Mega Christmas cards class but when I made my set of cards I turned them into thank you's all ready to go.  I really like this card because it has a wintery feeling but it doesn't scream Christmas, plus it uses a stamp set that you wouldn't normally think of using with Christmas cards, Sweet Cupcake.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of designer series paper from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper that was matted with Basic Black cardstock.  (I like having this site of DSP when using the 6x6 stacks because you can get two cards out of each piece (just cut them to 3" x 4 1/4".  Then I added a strip of Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper down the center.

for the main element I used the Big Shot and Layering Ovals Framelits to cut out the oval from Whisper White cardstock as well as the little ground piece which is Crumb Cake and then I freehand cut the top to look like a rolling hill.  I used the Cardfront Builder Thinlits to cut the deer out of Early Espresso cardstock and the tree using Old Olive.  Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals were used to attach the tree.

The greeting, from Sweet Cupcake, was stamped in Early Espresso ink on Whisper White cardstock and then cut out with the Layering Ovals Framelits.  I sponged around the edge with Old Olive ink before attaching the greeting with dimensionals.

Not only is this card cute but it's relatively easy to make, die cut all the pieces and stamp one greeting and your done so you could easily make multiples of this.  I like to help my attendees, especially when we're making a lot of cards by precutting most of the elements and it takes me the same amount of time as cutting pieces of cardstock for them to run through the Big Shot, win-win for everyone.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog