Thursday, November 23, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 23

Good morning Happy Thanksgiving!  We’ve arrived safely and looking forward to the next few days with friends and family and lots of relaxing.  I know everyone will be busy with their own families and traditions today so I’ll be brief, today’s gratitude card is the Thanksgiving card I made and sent our family this year.  The great thing about this card is that other than the card base every piece of this card was from September 2017 Layered Leaves Paper Pumpkin kit,  I used the pieces to make the 3” x 3” cards and turned them into these full sized cards.

The large watercolored piece is actually the small envelope that I cut down and then embossed with the Big Shot and Hardwood Plank Dynamic Embossing folder before sponged over it with Crumb Cake ink.  The brown circle with the swirls was the small cardbase that I used into a circle with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits and sponged it with Soft Suede ink to help the embossing really stand out.  I did crumple up the large leaf and again sponged it after stamping on it. 
All in all with all the textures, dimension, and bits of bling really help dress this card up I love it and made much better use for me than if I had just made the kit designed small card.  Don’t forget with Paper Pumpkin the kit designs are just the starting point, there is nothing that says you can’t add, modify, whatever you wish!  And those exclusive stamp sets, love them!!!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card (in addition to the Paper Pumpkin kit):

Product List

Enjoy and have a wonderful holiday!
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog