Sunday, November 12, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 12 (Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge)

Good evening!  I've been so fortunate this weekend to have a quiet house while the boys have been camping which means lots of crafting time and I scheduled a few classes so I had so fun company in the studio which I enjoy.  This weekends projects have been all about Christmas so for today's gratitude card I wanted to change things up and used the Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge for this fun everyday card which has lots of elements to dress it up but isn't fussy.

I started with Lemon Lime Twist cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Fresh Fig cardstock as a base for the Whisper White cardfront.  On the cardfront I added some embossing paste by coloring it with Pumpkin Pie reinker and then using the Pattern Party Decorative Mask and Palette Knives to spread the paste on the part of the cardfront I wanted and then set it aside to dry.

For the main image I decided to make a fun looking drink using the Jar of Love stamp set and coordinating Everyday Jars Framelits.  After stamping the greeting and jar outline in Basic Black I used the Playful Backgrounds stamp set to stamp the bubbles in Versamark and heat embossed them using White Embossing Powder and after heating it with the Heat Tool I sponged all over the cardstock with Lemon Lime Twist ink.  I used Silver Emboss Powder for the lid and attached the lid with dimensionals.

Before attaching the jar to the cardfront I added some Silver Metallic Thread peaking out from one side and some Fresh Fig 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon out the left side.

These colors are fun and fresh and make me think of summer fun (as cold as it's been this weekend summer seems like it was a long time ago, haha!)




Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Great card Diana! Very creative use of our colors. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat! I love the orange brick paste background. It adds such wonderful texture! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the texture of the embossing paste and your fun drink. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog