Tuesday, November 7, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 7 (Fab Friday Color Challenge)

Good morning!  Apparently this week is fun with color challenges since I decided to play along with the  Fab Friday color challenge for today's 30 Day Gratitude Challenge creation.  These are some bright, bold colors so I decided they needed an equally bold stamp set so I used the Great Big Greetings stamp set.  Because of how big this greeting is it is definitely the focal point of the card.

I started with Tangerine Tango cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Fresh Fig cardstock for a thin mat to the Pumpkin Pie cardfront.  I stamped the greeting using Fresh Fig ink.



To add a little embellishment to the card I cut a small star out of Tangerine Tango cardstock using the Big Shot and a piece from the Wood Crate Framelits from and then embossed it with the Big Shot and Softly Falling Embossing Folder.  I added a little mat to the star I used some Silver Foil cardstock and trimmed just around the edge of the smaller star.  I used a dimensional to attach the small star before attaching the piece to the cardfront.  I decided the star needed a little something more so I took some Whisper White Baker's Twine and dyed it by running it over the Fresh Fig ink pad repeatedly until I got the color saturation I wanted and tied a bow and attached it to the star.

This card is super simple and really lets the greeting be the star.  I'll admit I've never used both Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango in together in the same project so that was fun to try something new.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Love that big bold sentiment to go along with our bold colors! The star is a nice detail and thanks for the reminder to dye the baker's twine! I always forget we can do that! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, that giant thank you has been one of my faves - and it looks dynamite in our colors, too! The little Calypso star is just right! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday, Dianna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. old sentiment to go along with our bold colors! The star is a nice detail and thanks for the reminder to dye the baker's twine! I always forget we can do that! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    Reply
    new fence

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog