Friday, November 17, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 17 (Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge)

Good morning!  The weekend is almost here and I'm so excited, as usual we have a lot planned but it also means the Thanksgiving holiday is almost here and I'm looking forward to some quality time with family and friends.  I'm back with today's gratitude card and I decided to look to another sketch challenge as inspiration so today I'm playing along with the Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge.  This is a great sketch and especially love the little strip along the left side which I knew would be perfect for showing off some of our designer series paper.

I started with Real Red cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Christmas Around the World Designer Series Paper behind my Whisper White cardfront.  On the cardfront I used the Big Shot and Winter Wonder Embossing folder to emboss the large snowflake and then added some rhinestones on parts of the snowflake to dress it up.

Now you may be trying to figure out where the greeting is from, I decided to tap into my past Paper Pumpkin stamps for this card (love that the stamps in these kits are exclusive and have so many uses beyond the initial kit.  The "thanks" is from one of the flower sets and then I used an image from a Christmas set for the snowy background.  The circle is out of Crumb Cake cardstock and I cut it out with the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

The final touch was to add a strip of Garden Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (using Fast Fuse is a great way to get this ribbon to stay ruffled up) and a double bow tied with Basic Black Baker's Twine.

I love how this card turned out, in fact I may be using this design again during the busy holidays if needed.  We're always so busy during the holidays that sometimes we get frustrated trying to come up with card or project ideas to fit our needs, I love to use different sketch challenges to help inspire me and make the design process a little easier (a little help is always good during the holidays!)







Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Diana, this card is beautiful! I love the plaid paper along with the classic red & white for this card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Paper Craft Crew challenge. ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, this is just gorgeous! I LOVE how you used the scrunched ribbon in place of the banner! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Craft Crew this week! Blessings, Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the plaid along the edge. It feels vintage and it's beautiful! Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog