Thursday, November 16, 2017

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 16 (Fab Friday Sketch Challenge)

Good morning!  For today's gratitude card I decided to play along with the Fab Friday sketch challenge and the layout definitely makes me think of holiday gift packaging.  When I was trying to decide what paper to use I noticed that I had some strips of gold striped paper (from the Striped Treat Bags, we used the fronts of the bags in a class project lass week so these were the back flaps) and you know how I like my sparkle.

I started with Berry Burst cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock as a mat for the striped pieces.  I trimed down the gold striped pieces so stripes would line up (I used two flap pieces for this card).

The greeting is from the All Things Thanks stamp set and to go along with the gold foil I decided to heat emboss the greeting using Versarmark, Gold Emboss Powder, and the Heat Tool on Basic Black cardstock.  I used the Big Shot and Lots of Framelits die to cut out the greeting and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

The final touch was to tie a bow using Berry Burst 5/8" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (I love the look the crinkles add to this ribbon, so fun!)

And what can I say about this greeting, whether you just want to have fun, or maybe you waited too long and can't quite remember what you wanted to thank someone for this greeting is sure to bring a smile to a friend.  This card is also great because you can use it for everyday, a special occasion thank you, or even holidays if that's what you need, perfect!


Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:

Product List

Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those pops of Berry Burst are gorgeous! They look so good with the Gold and black, brilliant! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great colors combo and so smart to use the bag pieces for the 4 panels! I love that crinkles seam binding ribbon too...so fun in the Berry Burst! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog