Tuesday, November 22, 2016

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 22

Good morning!  Today's the last day of school and work before the holiday break and I have to admit, I'm very excited for some extended time off with the family and to see some friends we visit every year (it's definitely a highlight).  Even though Thanksgiving is a couple of days away you really can't escape all the Christmas "everywhere" so today's gratitude card is another Christmas theme and uses some fun stamp sets and colors.

I started with Real Red cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Old Olive cardstock and stamped the greeting in Basic Black from the Suite Sayings stamp set (I used my Stampin' Write Marker to just ink up part of the greeting).  I added a piece of Basic Black Designer Series Paper from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack that was matted with Real Red cardstock to anchor my fun jar element.

It seems like masons jars are everywhere and all the rage so it's only fitting that we now have mason jar stamps (Jars of Love) and coordinating framelits.  I love to use mason jars for giving little treats so I decided to make one holding peppermint candies but I didn't have the holiday stamp set that coordinates with the jars so I decided to make my own using the Sweet Home stamp set.  I stamped the mason jar on Whisper White cardstock using Basic Black ink and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Everyday Jars Framelits.  Next I took the candy stamp from the Sweet Home stamp set and stamped it one in the bottom corner.  Next I used my 3/4" Circle Punch to create a mask and set it over the candy I just stamped and stamped again so the candy didn't overstamp.  I continued to do this until I had the far filled as I wanted.  Then I stamped the candy again on a scrap of paper and punched it out with the circle punch and attached it with a dimensional so it popped up a little more than the rest.

Of course every mason jar needs a lid so I heat embossed mine using Silver Embossing Powder and my Heat Tool, then I cut it out with the framelits and attached it with dimensionals.  The finishing touch was to add a bow I tied using Old Olive Baker's Twine so it looks like it was wrapped around the jar (kind of clever I thought!!)

This is such a fun card, I really just want to reach out and eat one of the candies.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog