Wednesday, November 9, 2016

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 9

Good morning!  There are certain days that you really need to remind yourself of all the things you have to be grateful for, today is one of those days.  Despite things being outside of my control it helps to think about those dear to me and how they impact my life.  I’m back with today’s card for the November Gratitude challenge and today I decided to share a clean and simple card that while it doesn’t have a lot going on it still has a lot of texture.

 I started with Crushed Curry cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Always Artichoke cardstock behind my Whisper White cardfront.  On the cardfront I stamped using the Pineapple background stamp (this stamp was such a big hit when the catalog was first released and this was my first time using it.  To color the pineapple I wanted lots of different variations in colors so I used my Stampin’ Write Markers to color directly on the rubber and added the lightest color first and then layered progressively darker shades by just adding streaks on the stamp (this was all done before stamping on the cardstock.  The end result is this really fun coloring (especially on the green of the pineapple) that really mimics how pineapples look when I buy them.

The greeting is from the Banners for You stamp set and I stamped the banner image in Basic Black ink and the greeting in Always Artichoke (the stamp set is photopolymer so it made lining up the greeting in the banner a breeze) and then I cut it out with the Big Shot and the Bunch of Banners Framelits before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals. 

These big background stamps are great for making a bold image and you don’t need a lot else, just let them be the focus.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:



 
Take care,
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog