Friday, November 18, 2016

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 18 (SSI Favorite Christmas Bundle)

Happy Friday!  I'm so looking forward to this weekend, not only is all the family in town and we're planning a little adventure Saturday afternoon but the Christmas decorations are going up in full blast and I can't wait.  Plus Aidan has personally created our outdoor lighting plan (he's had a drawing made since last December) so it will be interesting to see how it turns out and his managing of the installation process.  It's only fitting for today's gratitude card I went wit a Christmas theme to reflect our mood and it also fits with today's SSINKspiration focus on Favorite Christmas Bundles.

I started with Red Red cardstock and then added a piece of Crumb Cake that was embossed with the Big Shot and Polka Dot Embossing Folder for the cardfront.  Next I added a piece of designer series paper from the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Paper package and matted it with Whisper White cardstock.  I used the Real Red Baker's Twine from the Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine package to wrap around the DSP and tied a perfect little bow (I tied it on a separate piece and used a glue dot to attach it to ensure it was nice and straight!)  The greeting is from the Sunburst Sayings stamp set and was stamped in Early Espresso ink.

The Santa is from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and my customer showed me this great idea, by accident, to stamp Santa on Crumb Cake cardstock and then color him in.  We used a White Gel Pen to color in his beard and suit trim and it really makes it pop (more than if he was stamped on Whisper White).  I used the Cookie Cutter Punch to punch Santa out and then attached him with a dimensional.

I just love how cute this little Santa is, he makes me want to pinch his cheek and bite off a leg like a cookie (oh my!)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog