Monday, November 7, 2016

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 7 (SSINKspiration Color Challenge #ssinkcc39)

Good morning!  In our area November is known as “NoSchoolvember” based on how many days the kid’s are out of school and this week they only have school on Wednesday and Thursday, crazy I know!  So we decided to take a long weekend for a little mini getaway and are currently in Williamsburg visiting Great Wolf (what kid doesn’t like a waterpark) as well as Colonial Williamsburg which should be lots of fun!  Before I head out for today’s activities I wanted to share today’s card for the 30 Day Gratitude challenge and since today is also this month’s color sketch over on the SSINKspiration blog I decided to combine the two.  This month’s colors are fun and fresh so I had to take them out for a spin. 

I started with Smoky Slate cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock for the Whisper White cardfront.  Next I added a piece Tangerine Tango DSP from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack.  Next I added a strip of Island Indigo Cardstock in the center that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Festive Embossing Folder. 

The greeting is from the Scenic Sayings Stamp set and I used Tangerine Tango and Island Indigo Stampin’ Write Markers to color directly on the stamp before stamping on Whisper White cardstock.  The greeting was cut out with the Big Shot and Layering Circles Framelits as was the mat that’s Smoky Slate before being attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.  The final touch was to add a pretty knot I tied using the Silver Satin Ribbon.

With a nice big bold greeting like this it’s easy to let it take center stage and let the other pieces compliment the greeting.  Fun colors that are great for all kinds of occasions.  The other design team members have shared some great cards using these colors for inspiration so go check them out and then we would love for you to come play along!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:



Enjoy!
Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love your fun, clean card! Nice layout, and use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog