Thursday, November 10, 2016

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 10 (Fab Friday Sketch Challenge)

Good morning!  It was a busy night last night getting the boys ready to head out on their boy scout camping trip.  They leave tomorrow and it's an extended trip due to the Veteran's Day holiday.  On top of that Chris is the adult grub master so he was working food for 60 people, including a full Thanksgiving feast cooked outdoors (will be interesting to see how that goes).  So in addition to camping I baked two different coffee cakes, cookies, and brownies for the camp trip so last night was all about that but I was able to run down to the studio to whip up today's card for my 30 Day Gratitude Challenge (I'm so thankful the guys are off on a fun adventure today, and mama gets a long quiet weekend (win-win).  I decided to use this weeks Fab Friday sketch challenge as the inspiration for today's card.

I started with Emerald Envy cardstock for the cardbase and embossed it with the Big Shot and Holly Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of Presents and Pinecones Designer Series Paper that was matted with Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  I wrapped a piece of Emerald Envy taffeta ribbon (from the 3/8" Silky Taffeta Ribbon Combo Pack) around the DSP piece and then tied a knot. 

To dress it up a little I took one of the Christmas Trinket Embellishments and tied it around the knot with some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine that was tied in a bow.  The greeting is from the October Paper Pumpkin kit (I have it out on my desk still to make) so I decided to use it for the greeting which was stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink on Delightful Dijon cardstock.  It was cut out using the Big Shot and the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits and attached with dimensionals.

This card came together very quickly which was just what I needed last night and the little trinket embellishment really makes the card special.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. So pretty and festive - love that embossing, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the bow and the embossed background. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, Diana! The embossing and jewel are elegant touches. So glad you could play along at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog