Monday, November 21, 2016

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 21

Good morning!  After an eventful and jam packed weekend I have a really fun card and cool technique for today's gratitude card.  This uses heat embossing to make a faux metal embellishment, we made this card awhile back at stamp class and while it's a bit of work it's a fun technique that was definitely a hit with the ladies.

I started with Rich Razzleberry cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Soft Suede cardstock as a mat for the Very Vanilla cardfront.  On the card front I took the Seasonal Decorative Mask (on sale starting today as part of the Online Extravaganza so don't miss it) and sponged the sweater knit pattern using Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, and Rich Razzleberry ink.  Then I added a piece of designer series paper from the Petals & Paisley's Specialty Designer Series Paper (this cool copper foil piece of paper is beautiful!!)

To make the faux embellishment I took my Big Shot and the Hello You Thinlits and cut the "thanks" greeting three times out of Whisper White cardstock.  Then I glued all three cutouts together so they were stacked.  So now comes the messy part, I covered my thanks in Versamark ink and then covered it in Copper Embossing Powder and heat embossed it with the Heat Tool.  Once it was set I reapplied Versamark and embossing powder and heated it up again.  You do this a total of three times and it's really cool a the end you get a cool metal look and the edges of the cut out the embossing starts to wrap around the edge for a realistic look (provided a close up here so you so you could try to see it).  Isn't this cool?

To finish the card I took a piece of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon and attached it to the cardfront using Fast Fuse Adhesive and then attached the greeting using the Fine Tip Glue Pen (I had to place a punch on top of the greeting to weight it down so it would stick really well).  The final touch was to add a Cajun Craze Enamel Dot from the Regals Enamel Dots in the top right corner.

I was so happy with how this card turned out, and didn't use a single stamp, go figure.  Can't wait to use this technique on other projects using different colors of emboss powder and cut outs, so fun!!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:




Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog