Friday, November 11, 2016

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 11

Happy Friday and Happy Veteran’s Day!  I want to take a moment to thank all the brave men and women who have given so much for the freedoms we as Americans enjoy, your service is truly appreciated.  The boys are away at scout camp this weekend (extended camp at that due to the Veteran’s Day holiday) so I’ve planned a weekend fully of holiday fun including some fun classes to get us ready for the holidays and I may start pulling out the Christmas decorations (I’ll admit I love decorating for almost all holidays but Christmas is my favorite and I have A LOT of decorations so it take awhile to get them up so I like to get started a little early so we can enjoy them to the max).  It’s only fitting that today’s card for my 30 Day Gratitude challenge is Christmas themed and it fits right in with the SSINKspiration designers sharing their favorite holiday stamp sets.   When I first saw this years Holiday catalog one of the first sets to make it to my wish list was the Merry Medley background stamp.  Not only does it have some great greetings (you could easily cut this set apart to have the perfect greeting all by itself) but the chalkboard look gets me every time.

I started with Island Indigo cardstock for the cardbase.  Next I added a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the mat of my Whisper White cardfront.  On the cardfront I used the Merry Medley stamp to stamp the background using Smoky Slate ink, just like that, instant background!  The greeting is from an old Paper Pumpkin set (I love how the stamps in the Paper Pumpkin kits are exclusive and you can only getting them by being in the club!) and was stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink.
For the main focal point I used the Starlight Thinlits and the Big Shot to cut the large solid star out of Island Indigo cardstock and then the fancy detailed star using Silver Glimmer Paper.  In the center of the star I added a Cherry Cobbler enamel dot from the Regals Enamel Dots.

The accessories really help push this card over the top and it was actually really quick and easy to make.  And man oh man that glitter star, be still my heart!!  This card could easily have been a regular Holiday card without the addition of the “thank you” greeting but it’s always fun to have your thank you’s match the holiday.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:



 
Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog