Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Treat to Impress!

Tomorrow is Halloween and one of the things I love about this holiday is of course of the tasty treats and candy (who doesn’t???)  Of course I can’t just give someone a piece of candy, I love to decorate and pretty it up so it’s a little more special.  Today I’m sharing several treats I’ve made to give to our little ghosts and goblins.

The first item is a treat bag for Aidan to give to some of his neighbor friends.  In the past the neighborhood “Booing” tradition has taken place but it’s kind of died down but Aidan really liked this idea.  We decided to make these little treat bags that Aidan can give to friends.  We used some small paper bags I had in my stash and stamped on them with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set in Basic Black, Tangelo Twist, and Blackberry Bliss.  For the tag I used the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch (these punches are awesome!!!) and Very Vanilla Cardstock.  For the “Boo” and “to” images I used the September Paper Pumpkin stamps and the “You” is from the Merry Everything stamp set.  It’s great using Stampin’ Write Markers to only ink up part of the image for even more possibilities.  The spooky trees stamped along the bottom is also from the Paper Pumpkin kit as are the stickers and Orange Sequins.  I love how versatile the Paper Pumpkin kits are and you can use it for so much more than the initial kit projects.  The final step is to use the 1/8” Circle Punch and then attached the tag to the bag with Black Baker’s Twine (also from the Paper Pumpkin kit).  

 While there is so much candy already involved with Trick-or-Treating and other activities I still like
to give a little treat to Chris and Aidan, along with their holiday cards.  I found little bags of each of their favorite candies and have just decorated them.  For Aidan's I created my own DSP using the spooky faces from the Fall Fest stamp set and then matted it with Basic Black cardstock.  Next I wrapped a piece of Tangelo Twist Two Toned Trim around the treat and then frayed the edges for a fun effect.  The greeting is from the Frightful Wreath Photopolymer Stamp set and was stamped with Elegant Eggplant ink on Smoky Slate cardstock and then I stamped the splatter in Silver Encore ink.  The final touch is cute pumpkin using the Fall Fest stamp set and framelits.

For Chris' treat I decided to do a little recyclying and used some packing paper and used the fringe scissors and then crumpled it for a straw-like effect.  I added a belly band of Motley Monsters DSP and Basic Black cardstock in front of the packing paper.  I wrapped some Basic Black Baker's Twine around the treat to attach the tag that I made using the Note Tag Punch, and Project Life Holiday Cheer stamp set to create a tombstone and a Fall Fest Pumpkin.

I hope these have given you some cute treat ideas that you still have plenty of time to make before Halloween.

Easy ordering links for the products used in these projects are below:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog