Friday, October 3, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Boys Will be Boys, Lots of Lego Fun!

 


Happy Friday!  It's officially the start of race season for me and I'm looking forward to running my first half marathon since June, it' a new race and I'm running with friends so it should be fun.  Before we get started with all the weekend fun I wanted to share my design team card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge.  This was a fun sketch and I used it for a birthday card we needed for one of Aidan's friends.  The Boys will be Boys stamp is perfect if you have boys in your life who also have friends that love Legos, army men, robots, etc.  too fun!

For this card I started with Smoky Slate for the cardbase and added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder and matted that piece with some Pacific Point cardstock.  The red DSP is from the Maritime Designer Series Paper and I added three stars that were punched out of Silver Glimmer Paper with the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (even guys like the bling).

For the main stamped image I used the Legos from the Boys will be Boys stamp set and stamped it all over the Whisper White cardstock with Momento Ink and colored it in with Stampin' Write Markers before matting it with Daffodil Delight cardstock.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and is punched out with the Modern Label Punch and attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.

The birthday boy is a big Lego fan so I know this card was a hit.  I stayed pretty true to the sketch provided and really let the colors and patterns be the focus.  Make sure to check out the other great ideas the designers are sharing and come an play along with this weeks challenge, this will definitely help you get your creativity started to make something unique to you.







Below are easy ordering links to the products used on today's card:

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I know your son's friend is going to love this card! Very bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog