Monday, October 6, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge: Fall Fest Halloween Fun!

Happy Monday!  Boy when fall decides to come in it really doesn't waste any time, it was a chilly and beautiful weekend, just perfect.  I was even able to spend some time in the studio which was lots of fun.  Today I'm sharing one of the cards I made, for the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration October color challenge.  This is a great color combo and works great for Halloween so I decided to use the Fall Fest stamp set and matching framelits to make the cutest pumpkin patch.  I started with Pumpkin Pie cardstock for the cardbase and added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that I punched along the top with the Confetti Stars Punch and added some Silver Glimmer Paper behind the stars for the sky.  I stamped the moon and bat image from the Holiday Invitation stamp set in Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool.
 
For the grass I took a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock and cut along one side with the fringe scissors and wrapped some Blackberry Bliss 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon around the grass and tied a nice little knot.  For the pumpkins I used Stampin' Write markers to color in the stem and pumpkin before stamping.  I used Momento Ink to stamp the faces of the pumpkins (the stamps being Photopolymer make it super easy to line up perfectly).  Then I used the Big Shot and the Fall Fun Framelits.  I used dimensionals to attach a couple of the pumpkins so they have some texture.
The final touch was the greeting and it comes from the September Paper Pumpkin kit (this is one of my favorite kits ever, awesome!!) and was stamped on Smoky Slate cardstock with Blackberry Bliss ink before cutting it out with Paper Snips and attaching with dimensionals.  

Make sure to check out the other great cards the designers are sharing, lots of great inspiration and come play along, you can use the color challenge for all sorts of project needs, including cards, scrapbooking, home decor, gifts, anything, it's all up to your creativity.
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card: 
Now's the perfect time to get started on all your Halloween and fall products and don't miss out on the Stamp, Stock up and Save Sale that ends today where you can save 15-20% on everyday products like ink, cardstock, adhesive, envelopes, as well as select stamps.
 
Have a great day!
 
Diana


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Those smiling pumpkins make me happy :) Great job with the colors this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable. Love the layered pumpkins. Perfect color challenge card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! I hope this set and framelits stick around awhile, they're a lot of fun.

      Delete

Search This Blog