Friday, October 24, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Sketch Challenge: Mingle all the Way

Happy Friday!  It's been a great week and I'm looking forward to an eventful weekend.  The Marine Corp Marathon is Sunday and I'm running (my first full marathon) so most of the weekend is going to revolve around getting ready for, running, and then recovering from the race, we're even going to the First Timer's Pep Rally tonight which should be fun.  I'm very excited but also nervous.  Before I get started with all the race activities I had time to play in the studio and this is the card I made for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday card sketch challenge and I decided to turn to a Christmas card (really have got to get started with all my Christmas gifts, cards, and projects so I'm not stressed in a couple of months. 

The cardbase for this card is Pear Pizzaz cardstock and then I added a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock that's embossed with the Big Shot and Stylish Stripes Embossing folder.  Next I added a piece of All is Calm Specialty Designer Series Paper and wrapped a piece of Whisper White Baker's Twine and tied a All is Calm Snowflake Embellishment for some bling.

For the greeting I used the Mingle all the Way stamp set and used Stampin' Write Marker's to color in the stamp before stamping on Whisper White cardstock before punching it out with the 2" Circle Punch.  I created a mat for the greeting using Pear Pizzaz cardstock and the Big Shot and Window Frames Collection FramelitsDimensionals were used to attach the greeting to the cardfront for added texture.

This card is nice and simple but has just enough elements to make it really pop.  The other designers have some great cards to provide additional inspiration and then come play along with the challenge and share what you come up with.






Below are the easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have a great weekend and enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I keep forgetting to use the Window Frames with the 2" Circle! It looks so perfect together. Thanks for the inspiration. Pretty card too btw!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog