Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Paper Players Card Sketch: Bright & Beautiful with Lots of Bling!

Good morning!  This week is really flying by, my marathon is this Sunday so this week I've been focusing on getting ready for the big day and getting lots of rest (love an excuse for extra sleep)!  This also means I've had some extra time so I've been able to get some time in the studio to work on some projects on my to do list and just relax and play.  Today I'm sharing the card I made for this weeks Paper Players card sketch challenge, once I saw that the theme was Silver and Gold, I knew I had to play along.  I started with Lost Lagoon for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that was matted with Soft Suede cardstock.  I added a piece of Silver Fancy Foil Designer Vellum for the silver polka dots and then added a piece of Lost Lagoon 3/8" Silky Taffeta Ribbon around the cardfront. 
 
I used the Bright & Beautiful stamp set for the greeting (stamped in Lost Lagoon ink) as well as the stars.   For the star I stamped the medium size star with Soft Suede ink on Soft Suede cardstock.  I stamped the smallest star with Versamark Ink on Last Lagoon cardstock and then heat embossed it with the Heat Tool and Silver Embossing Powder.  Both these stars were cut out with the Big Shot and the Star Framelits.  I decided to add another star to the star stack and used some Silver Glimmer Paper for eve extra bling.  I used dimensionals between each star layer so it really has some dimension and texture.
 
I love the simplicity and elegance of this card and it has just the right amount of bling to help spread the holiday cheer.
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
I hope you enjoy and have a great day!
 
Diana 
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Great card, Diana. Love these colors together and the polka dots are just fun! Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Those are great colors together. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, good luck with the Marathon!
    I love the silver vellum mixed with the silver glimmer. They add so much texture and elegance to your card. Fabulous. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colour combination and combination of sparkly elements! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog