Friday, October 10, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday: Get Your Santa On!

Happy Friday!   I decided to take a break from Halloween and fall themed projects for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday card sketch challenge and give you a little Christmas fun.  I created the sketch that we're playing with and I decided to break out lots of fun new products from the Holiday catalog for today's card. 
 
I started with Smoky Slate for the cardbase and added a piece of Garden Green cardstock that's embossed with the Big Shot and the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder  Next I used the Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack for both patterned pieces (this pack is awesome, it has 24 different patterns that all coordinate together for only $6.95, you’ll be crafting all holiday season!)  For the stamped image I used the Get Your Santa On (this set is too cute!!)  I stamped the image with Momento Ink on Whisper White cardstock so I had no problem coloring in the image with Stampin’ Write Markers.  I did use the Gold Stampin’ Dazzlin’ Marker to color in the candlesticks on the mantel for a fun touch.  I matted this piece with some Pistachio Pudding cardstock before attaching it to the cardfront. 

 For the greeting it’s from the same stamp set stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink on Smoky Slate cardstock and then punched out with the Artisan Label Punch.  As a stepped up accent I added a piece of Whisper White 5/8” Organza Ribbon that was folded over and trimmed for flag ends.  On top of that I added a Gold Basics Metal Button that has Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine threaded through the button holes.  I used glue dots to attach the button and it holds it really well.

 There’s a lot going on with this card but I really like how each element works with the others and it’s bright and cheery.  I also really like how this stamp set is Photopolymer it makes lining everything up a breeze and it costs less (bonus!!)  I definitely see more fun cards with this stamp set in my future, oh and gift tags also!  Please go and check out the other design team cards for even more inspiration and come play along with the sketch, I hope you like it!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:
 
Enjoy!

Diana

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This was a great sketch Diana, I really enjoyed working with it! Your card is stunning! I love this stamp. It is a perfect Christmas card for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, I am loving that stars EF. I guess I am going to have to get it since I see how pretty it is on your card!! A very nice and warm Christmas card and the DSP is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog