Monday, October 27, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Masculine Monday: Lovely as a Tree

Happy Monday!  We had a wonderful weekend and today I'm starting the week over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog where it's Masculine Monday so the designers are sharing great ideas for "dude" cards.  Today's card I made for my Grandmpa as he celebrates his 87th birthday.
I used Lost Lagoon for the cardbase and then added a piece of Soft Suede cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Alphabet Press Embossing folder and then sponged over the cardstock with Soft Suede ink to help emphasize the embossed images.  Next I took a piece of DSP from the Color me Autumn Designer Series Paper and matted it with Cajun Craze cardstock.  I also added a piece of Lost Lagoon 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon and gathered it up using Sticky Strip to attach.
 
The stamped image is from the Lovely as a Tree and I used Stampin' Write Markers to ink the stamped image before stamping.  I used Crushed Curry cardstock for the mat and sponged around the edges of both layers with Soft Suede ink.  The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and was stamped in Cajun Craze ink, punched out with the Word Window Punch and sponged with Soft Suede Ink.  I used the Modern Label Punch to punch the mat with Lost Lagoon cardstock and added a couple of pearls that I colored with the Crumb Cake Blendabilities markers to coordinate with the card.
 
This is a perfect card for those fall birthdays and other occasions and this stamp set is a classic!
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card: 
 
Diana

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. You nailed the masculine Monday post. Great use of colors for a guy and the choice of stamp set is perfect. I really do love this card for the added texture.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog