Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge: Magical Disney Birthday Wishes!

Good morning! We cruised through September and we're officially beginning October, I really can't believe it.  Today I'm sharing the card I made for this weeks Fab Friday Sketch Challenge.  This weekend I had the honor of attending a friends birthday party this weekend to help her celebrate her 50th birthday and since she's a major Disney Fan I decided to use this sketch challenge as the basis for today's card.  I started with Melon Mambo for the cardbase and then added a layer of Basic Black cardstock and then Whisper White that I layered under the Gold Fancy Designer Vellum Foil Paper (I really like how the gold embossing stands out against the white).  For the Mickey head I used the 1 1/4"Circle Punch for the ears and the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits for the circles.  I made the bow using the heart punch from the Itty Bitty Punch pack and the 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch for the center.  Of course I had to make the "50" glittery so I used some Gold Glimmer Paper and the Big Shot to cut it out.
 
For the accent tails I used some Basic Black Chevron Ribbon and Gold Sequin Trim.  The greeting is from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set and is heat embossed on Basic Black cardstock using Versamark Ink, Melon Mambo Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool.  After embossing I used the Modern Label Punch before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.
 
This card was lots of fun to make and a big hit and I really believe a special birthday deserves an over the top card (it makes life more fun!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
 
Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful day!
 
Diana
 

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Diana, I just saw your card on the Fab Friday blog challenge and I just wanted to say it's a great take on the sketch. I love it! Very creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with Minnie! Love this great take on our sketch and I'm sure your friend loved it as well! The pink, gold and black is a great combo! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card!! Minnie is too cute!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog