Saturday, November 21, 2015

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 21

Good morning!  I’m really excited about today, got up early to get my run in and then it’s “Super Saturday” in the studio and I have two different Holiday themed classes so there’s going to be lots of crafting, laughter, and fun, I can’t wait!  Before all that get’s started I wanted to share today’s gratitude card with you.  I will fully admit I was running a little low on time last night and needed to whip up something fast and thankfully I was able to go to my “extra pieces stash” and gather several items for this card to make it come together in no time.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Cajun Craze and then Very Vanilla cardstock for the cardfront.  The greeting is from the Merry Everything stamp set and I used my Stampin’ Write Markers to ink the stamp.  For the flag piece, it’s Soft Suede DSP from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack and I had previously cut it out but didn’t use it so all I had to do was sponge all over it to age the stripes and make them blend more with the Very Vanilla.

Remember the awesome Witches’ Hat Décor kit?  There were tons of extra leaves in the kit so I had already stamped (with the Vintage Leaves stamp set), crumbled, and sponged them to use for Thanksgiving cards so I just grabbed a few and added them to the card (instant texture!).  The final touch was to take a piece of Hello Honey 5/8” Striped Cotton Ribbon and tied a knot and attached it at the top of the leaves with a glue dot.

This card is nice and simple but looks like it’s a lot more involved than it was and matches the view from my window!  

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 

Enjoy your Saturday and hope you can get some crafting in!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog