Wednesday, November 11, 2015

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 11

Happy Wednesday and Happy Veteran's Day!  After a cold and dreary day yesterday I’m really hoping to a little improvement today (have you ever noticed that the speed at which time passes seems to be related to the weather?  Just a personal observation!!)  I’m back with today’s card for the November Gratitude challenge and I decided to change things up with a color challenge and used the Proverbial Stampers November Color Challenge for today’s inspiration.
I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase.  Next I added a piece of Color Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Series Paper and sponged all over with Pool Party ink to color the paper (I swirled it so the colors had a little movement).  Along the bottom I took a piece of Island Indigo cardstock and embossed it with the Big Shot and Brickwall Embossing Folder before lightly sponging with Soft Suede ink.  I wrapped a piece of Whisper White Stitched Satin Ribbon around the seam line for a nice finish.

The greeting is from the Fabulous Four stamp set and was stamped in Island Indigo ink on Whisper White caredstock and then matted with Pool Party cardstock (I used dimensionals to attach the greeting to the cardfront).  For some extra texture and bling I glued some silver sequins from the Silver Sequin Trim to the corners (I love the look of blues, white, and silver together). 

This turned out nice and soft and all the different patterns and textures really help add to the card (I also like how the pattern on the DSP is raised and glossy, super fun and allows you to emboss resist with no work!)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a wonderful day,
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog