Friday, November 20, 2015

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 20

Good morning and Happy Friday (really, all Fridays are happy days)!  With this being the last weekend before Thanksgiving and the “official” kickoff of the holiday season we’re going to be busy with holiday preparations, Super Saturday is tomorrow with 2 Christmas themed classes and then we’re going to  get to work decorating the house (I try to get all the decorations up before Thanksgiving so we can maximize the time to enjoy them.  There will also be some baking and cooking prep to get ready for Thanksgiving so really it’s going to be an awesome weekend all around!  This morning I wanted to share my card for the gratitude challenge and I decided to use another “new to the catalog” set, A World of Thanks.  This is a great background stamp and makes quick cards but don’t overlook the potential to use the individual sayings in the stamp as well.

I started with Blackberry Bliss cardstock for the cardbase and then used Very Vanilla cardstock for the cardfront and stamp the A World of Thanks stamp using Hello Honey ink.  Then I sponged around the edges with Soft Suede (did this sponging on all the layers of this card) and wrapped a piece of Blackberry Bliss 5/8” Stitched Cotton Ribbon around the cardfront before attaching it to the cardbase.  The greeting uses the same stamp and I used my Stampin’ Write Marker to ink just the part of the stamp I wanted and stamped it on a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and the Ovals Collection Framelits.  I added a string of pearls along the bottom of the greeting (both to accent it, but also to hide a little bit of that had transferred while stamping) and then attached the greeting with dimensionals.

A great thing about doing this to highlight a specific part of the image is that I was able to flip the oval since the text on the actual stamp is upside down so I could change the orientation and the font on this stamp is nice and fun!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog