Sunday, November 15, 2015

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 15

Happy Sunday!  What a great day we had yesterday and today’s going to be another great one, football for the guys, and card class and stamping me for and the ladies (I always feel so much more relaxed after I’ve had a chance to spend some quality time creating and boy do I have a lot of projects on my To Do list that need some attention!!)  Today I have another fun and whimsical Christmas thank you card.  Have you had a chance to check out the beautiful Home For Christmas Designer Series Paper?  It was all hand painted in the design process (we learned all about the process of creating the designer paper in this years Holiday catalog and boy is it amazing!!)  These sheets have these fabulous designs and we saw this great way to cut out the individual images (Santas, reindeer, trees, etc. and use them as elements on your card.  Of course this is great but creates a lot of waisted paper, which I hate so Idecided to use one of the partial santa’s on this card and make it look like he’s peeking out. 

I started with Real Red cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock for a nice clean front.  I stamped the greeting in Mossy Meadow ink using the Another Thank You stamp set (same as yesterday, yes you really do need this set!!)  I also used a stamp from Gorgeous Grunge and some Pool Party ink to stamp these lines that remind me of the lines made on ice when you’re skating.  I used some Mossy Meadow cardstock to matt a piece of Home For Christmas Designer Series Paper and attached it so my santa had something to peak out from behind.  I cut my little santa out with paper Snips and glued him onto the cardfron and then added a string of rhinestones in a waving pattern to mimic the cuts in the ice (over the top???  What do you think?)   

This card just makes me smile.  I’ll admit there is no way I could color in an image that well and cutting him out really isn’t that hard and the images in this paper package really remind me of those classic images of the holidays from when I was a kid.  It’s also nice and flat and mailable that the mailman would appreciate!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


                                                            
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog