Thursday, November 26, 2015

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 26 Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you are enjoying time with friends and family today, we get together with friends from college every year it’s always a great time.  Today, as well as other days is truly a day to remember and appreciate all that we’re thankful for and we’re so blessed.  Of course I’m sharing a card today for the gratitude challenge and today’s card is the card we sent to our families.   On the SSINKspiration blog we're sharing thanks cards so make sure to check out the blog for lots of other great ideas.

For this card I started with Hello Honey cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Woodland Embossing Folder (I used the same technique as last week to add the color behind the embossing).  Now I will admit, I used a lot of “extra” pieces I had sitting on my desk to make these cards.  The leaves are from the Witching Décor Kit (I was able to use every last leaf through various projects this month and was so happy I had stamped, crumbled, and sponged all the leaves when I was initially making the hat kit so I didn’t have to make a bigger mess.  I used Tombo liquid glue to attach the leaves so I could just attach parts of the leaves so they have lots of dimension.  I added a bow using Mossy Meadow Stitched Satin Ribbon (also retired and was sitting on my desk). 

The greeting is from last years Thanksgiving Paper Pumpkin kit (it is still available and the piece I stamped on was also in that kit so I just trimmed off the striped part (which didn’t match my card) and then sponged around the edges with Tangelo Twist ink.

These cards are so beautiful and have so many textures and elements that you really just want to  touch it (I may be biased but I was really happy with how it turned out!)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog