Tuesday, November 17, 2015

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 17

Good morning!  What an amazingly beautiful day we had yesterday, really made me want to  skip work to enjoy the nice weather.  We’re heading back to Christmas for today’s gratitude card and I love the cardinal image in the Joyful Season stamp set and with two-step stamping I knew I could make him easy and not stress out with coloring.

I started with Cherry Cobbler cardstock for the cardbase and stamped all over the background using the stem with berry image and Cherry Cobbler ink.  Next I added a piece of Merry Moments Designer Series Paper.  For the stamped image I used Whisper White cardstock and started by stamping the branch in Crumb Cake and added the berries using Cherry Cobbler.  I did stamp the bird partially on the background piece so his legs were on the branch and I didn’t have to fussy cut him (plus it adds dimension just to his body which is a little more realistic).  I stamped the bird a second time on a scrap piece of cardstock and stamp the body color and beak before cutting it out with Paper Snips and attached him with dimensionals.

The greeting is from the One Big Meaning stamp set using Mossy Meadow ink.  For embellishments I tucked a small Silver Foil Doily behind the stamped pieace before attaching it and added a piece of Mossy Meadow retired ribbon (you could use out current Mossy Meadow Stitched Ribbon but I was having issues with how the Whisper White cardstock looked against the Very Vanilla ribbon).

This card is so pretty and the font of the greeting works great in the space and with the image, I was really pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a great day,
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog