Thursday, November 19, 2015

30 Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 19

Good morning!  I’m glad you’ve made it back for today’s edition of the 30 Day Gratitude Challenge since I decided to change things up and not make anything seasonal and went with a great all occasion card I shared with stampers at my card class this month (the card for class was a get well card but you could pick your sentiment and since I was making cards with the ladies I decided to make another one as a thank you.  The bokeh technique has been making the rounds I was a little intimidated by it until I saw it explained really easily by Becky Roberts so I decided to give it a try and it’s super easy and fun.  I also like that you can really combine any colors you want to suit your needs

I started with Pear Pizzaz cardstock for the cardbase and then added layers of Marina Mist and Basic Black behind my stamped piece that started as Whisper White cardstock.  To create the background I took sponge daubers and swirled Pear Pizzaz and Marina Mist ink randomly on the cardstock until it was completely covered.  Next I took a piece of window film and cut several circles out of it using punches (I’ll admit it was a little difficult to cut through the film with the punches so if you have the Circle Collections Framelits they will work just as well and maybe a little easier).  Next I layed the window film on the cardstock and lightly swirled Whisper White Craft Ink inside each of the circles and repeated this all over the card.  As a final touch I inked up my sponge dauber with the craft ink and sponged directly on the cardstock so I had some small circles of pure craft ink and really bright, then I just let it dry.

After the background was complete all I had to do was stamp the greeting from the Fabulous Four stamp set using Momento Tuxedo Black Ink and attached a piece of Whisper White 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon along the left side.

This is such a soft and pretty card and will certainly brighten someone’s day, whether it be to say thanks or any occasion.  You should give this technique a try and let me know what you think and what your favorite color combination is!


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a wonderful day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog