Thursday, November 27, 2014

Proverbial Stampers Sketch Challenge: Mingle All the Way Thanksgiving Greetings

Happy Thanksgiving!   This is a holiday I love for the relaxing and slow approach to it (it does help that I’m not the chef in our house so everything I make is done in advance) and we always get together with friends which is always a lot of fun.  As a cardmaker I like to make and send cards to family for all holidays so I thought today I would share the card I made for my family Thanksgiving card, it’s my 30-Day Gratitude card challenge and I used the Proverbial Stampers November card sketch as the layout for this card.  I started with Soft Suede for the cardbase and then added a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that I sponged around the edge with Cajun Craze ink.  I added two pieces of Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper (you’ve probably been able to tell I’m really enjoying this DSP and the colors). 

For the main stamped image I used the Mingle all the Way stamp set and used Stampin’ Write Markers to color on the stamp before stamping on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I used the Chalk Talk Framelits and Big Shot to cut out the greeting (always stamp before cutting out with the framelits to ensure perfect alignment and then sponged around the edge with Cajun Craze ink.  I added a piece of Mossy Meadow 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon as a flag behind the stamped image.

I really like this card and used several different patterns of DSP for each of the cards and they all look great.  Plus these cards are pretty flat and “mailable” which the postman will appreciate.
 
 

 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy and have a happy and safe holiday,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog