Saturday, November 15, 2014

30-Day Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 15

Our chilly weekend has started and I always love Saturday’s.  Have lots on my to do list and then we’re heading out tonight for the Snowflake Stampede and looking forward to seeing the Christmas lights in Bull Run park before it opens to the public (just need to dress in lots of layers so we stay warm, last time we did this we were freezing!!1)  I have two different posts today for lots of fun, first off is my card for the 30-Day Gratitude challenge.  I decided to change things up today and not go with a theme but an every occasion card that’s the workhorse of your card stash.  I also love how you can add a few accessories and designer series paper and let them be the focus so you can make this card in no time.  I started with Blushing Bride for the case base and added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that’s embossed with the Big Shot and Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder.  I added a piece of Flowerpot DSP (these flowers are so soft and pretty) and edged it along the bottom with a piece of Garden Green cardstock that was punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border.  Along the top I added a piece of Crushed Curry Chevron Ribbon.

For the accent piece I took a piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock and embossed it with the Big Shot and new Fun Frames Embossing Folder and just used my Paper Snips to trim around the embossed edge.  The greeting is from the Blooming with Kindness stamp set and is stamped in Tangerine Tango on Whisper White before attaching it to the accent piece.

It’s great to just use a few simple and fun tools and get a really cool effect.  Are you playing along with my challenge?  Remember if you play along and post your card either in a comment on my blog or on my Facebook business page I’m going to do a drawing at the end of the month for FREE blog candy.  Remember, you can’t win if you don’t play!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy your weekend,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog