Friday, November 7, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge and 30 Days of Gratitude Day 7: Lovely as a Tree

Good morning!  We’ve arrived at the weekend (or will in a few short hours if your working today).  It’s another race weekend for me and this is the first time I’m traveling to a race so Chris and Aidan are coming along so we can check out Annapolis, MD (we’ve never been).  This does mean there won’t be much time for crafting but I may be able to get a little digital scraping done using MDS.  Today I combined my Sketch FrenzyFriday design team card with my gratitude card and boy does this one have some fun bling!  I started with Sahara Sand for the cardbase and added a piece of Soft Suede cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  Next I added a square of Champagne Glimmer Paper that’s matted with Sahara Sand cardstock and I added a little leaf that I cut out using the Big Shot and Fall Fun Framelits.  The leaf is Soft Suede and I sponged it with the same ink before attaching it with a dimensional.



For the main stamped image I first stamped with the Hardwood stamp on Very Vanilla cardstock using Sahara Sand ink.  Next I stamped the leaf from Lovely as a Tree in Versamark ink and then heat embossed it using the Heat Tool and Whisper White Embossing Powder.  Next I used some Lost Lagoon ink and sponged all around the leaf and then when I wiped it clean and the heat embossed image resists the ink and really stands out.  I also sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink before matting it with Lost Lagoon cardstock.  I added some Gold Baker’s Twine around this layer before attaching it to the cardfront.
The greeting is from the Another Thank You stamp set and is stamped with Soft Suede ink on Lost Lagoon cardstock and then punched out with the Large Oval Punch and attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.
I really like how this card turned out, nice and soft, with lots of texture to really make a WOW statement.
 
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used in today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
I hope you have an enjoyable weekend and make sure to check back as my 30-Day Gratitude challenge continues, and play along for your chance at some FREE blog candy!

Happy stamping,

Diana
 
 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning. Love the stamped embossed leaf and the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is one beautiful card! I Love the color combination and the leaves on the front are outrageous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog