Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hand Stamped Sentiments Card Sketch: Seasonally Scattered

It’s Thanksgiving Eve, and like millions of others we’ll be traveling today to visit friends (we love this annual tradition and the ability to reconnect and relax).  Before we head out I wanted to share today’s card for the 30-Day Gratitude challenge and I decided to use the Hand StampedSentiments sketch challenge as the starting point for today’s card.  Since I only have a couple more days for “fall” cards so today is another one.  I started with Crumb Cake for the cardbase and added a piece of Soft Suede cardstock that was used as a mat for a piece of Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper. I added a strip of Mossy Meadow cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Chevron Embossing Folder and then wrapped some Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker’s Twine around the cardfront.

For the main stamped image I decided to change things up by using a different shape.   I started by cutting a large leaf out of Very Vanilla Cardstock using the Big Shot and Autumn Accents Bigz Die.  Next I used my Stampin’ Write Markers to color in the stamp from the Seasonally Scattered stamp set and stamped on the leaf (using your Stamp-a-majig allows for perfect placement!).   I used a sponge and Cajun Craze ink to sponge around the edge of the leaf for a soft effect.  Dimensionals were used to attached the leaf to the cardfront and helped it span over the Thick Baker’s Twine.

I didn’t know how this card would turn out with the leaf shaped greeting but it’s really fun, I’m going to have to keep this in mind for the future.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 Enjoy and have a happy and safe day,

Diana
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Oh! I love this stamp on the leaf....what a great idea!!! I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty!!! Love all the texture!!! Love the die cut leaf!! Perfect accent!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you did with the sketch! The stamping on the leaf is creative and beautiful. Thanks for playing at. HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use a large leaf for your layer and I love the stamped image! So clever! What a beautiful way to convey your sentiment of gratitude. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Diane, the leaf was the perfect focal point for stamping your image! I never think of using things that are out of the ordinary in shape for my sentiment but you've definitely inspired me! thanks so much for playing with us at HSS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog