Sunday, November 9, 2014

30-Day Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 9

Hello Sunday!  As you read this I’m getting ready to head out to the shuttles to run the Across the Bay 10K (it’s the inaugural running) so I’ll be running across the bridge with 20,000 other crazies looking for fun!  It’s going to be a quick trip since we have a scout meeting at the house this afternoon but I love anytime we can get away, checkout someplace new, and spend some time with the boys.  Of course I didn’t want to leave you hanging for inspiration so here’s today’s gratitude card.  Of course it’s fall themed and has lots of pretties from the Holiday Catalog that you’ll want to make sure to have on hand for all your upcoming projects.  Today’s card started with Crumb Cake for the cardbase and I added a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Argyle Embossing Folder (I did also sponge over the cardstock with Crumb Cake ink to help the embossed texture really pop).

For the stamped image I used the Seasonally Scattered stamp set and stamped it in Soft Suede and then used  the outline piece from when I cut out a card piece using the Apothocary Accents  Framelit Die and used it as a mask to sponge inside the image (it’s always great when you can reuse something destined for the trash first).  I sponged in both Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze ink for a nice fall effect.  This piece was matted with Soft Suede cardstock before being attached to the cardfront.  I added a piece of Mossy Meadow 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon around the card front and tied a bow.  For some fun textural elements I added a leaf cut out with the Feather Framelit and Gold Glimmer Paper and then added a Autumn Wooden Element at attached both pieces to the ribbon using Gold Baker’s Twine.

I have to admit, this card turned out so pretty, it has just the right amount of bling and fun to really make it special.  I love the leaves and wooden accents this time of year and will definitely be using them on other fall themed projects while I can.
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and get ready for the new week ahead.

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog