Wednesday, November 12, 2014

30-Day Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 12

Good morning!  I love this fall type of weather (even if it is colder for my morning runs) it’s beautiful this time of year and I find that my projects tend to be inspired by things around me.  So it’s no surprise that today’s gratitude card is fall themed but I had fun with using a non-traditional material for this card.  The cardbase is Soft Suede and I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock and I stamped the greeting from the Truly Grateful stamp set in Cajun Craze ink.  I also added a piece of Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper that was matted with Mossy Meadow cardstock (and I cut the bottom edge with the Big Shot and the Finishing Touches Edgelit. 

To mimic all the fall leaves I decided to use the Autumn Accents Bigz Die.  For the material for the leaves I used a piece of scrap packing paper I had sitting on my desk.  After cutting it out I used Stampin’ Sponges to sponge color on each of the leaves using Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow, and Crushed Curry ink.  Then I scrunched up the leaves to give them lots of texture before attaching them to the cardfront.   For the acorn I added a top that was cut using the same die and some Champagne Glimmer Paper.

It was so fun to use the packing paper and see how it took the color and provided texture to the card that really stands up off the card front (plus there wouldn’t be an issue mailing it if it got crunched).  What was the latest unusual material did you use on a project?  Would love to hear other ideas.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog