Sunday, November 2, 2014

30-Day Gratitude Card Challenge: Day 2

Good morning!  I have to admit, this is one of my favorite days of the year, why you ask?  Daylight savings (I love getting an extra hour, I always feel like I get so much done on this day and are still able to relax.  I'm back with the second day of this years gratitude challenge and as I mentioned yesterday I'm going to be switching things up and not just making cards for this years projects.  Today I'm sharing a beautiful gift package I whipped up using the Tag-a-Bag Gift Boxes.  The first step was to take the acetate cover for the box and embossed it with the Big Shot and Zig Zag Embossing Folder.   I wrapped a piece of Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper around the box and then tied some Blackberry Bliss 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon around the box.
 
For the tag I used the Merry Everything stamp set and coordinating Note Tag Punch, along with the For All Things stamp set for a background effect and the acorn (that is punched up with a dimensional).
For some extra detail I stamped two feathers from the Four Feathers stamp set and used the coordinating feather framelit to cut them out.  I added a piece of 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon and one of the Autumn Wooden Elements (that I colored with Mossy Meadow ink).

These boxes have so many uses, I used some packing paper from some old boxes and cut it with fringe scissors and scrunched it up before using it as filling and then added three small candles in fall scents.  This would make a perfect hostess gift, teacher gift, etc.  I'm actually making several of these up including Christmas themed one's to start crossing off names on my gift list (it's never too early to start!).






Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Diana

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I just love this. Such a fun and nice way to give a small gift. How did you emboss the clear slider since is already folded and glued?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog