Thursday, November 6, 2014

30-Day Gratitude Challenge: Day 6

Happy Thursday!  I heard a very scary piece of information this week, there are only 7 more Friday’s before Christmas, is that possible?  It’s definitely time to get in gear on some holiday projects that have to be done.  In that vein for today’s gratitude card I decided to make it Christmas themed (I always need lots of thank you cards during the holidays to thank family and friends for gifts and am passing that trait down to Aidan so we can never be too prepared).  Today’s card starts with a Cherry Cobbler cardbase and then I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and then sponged with Soft Suede ink.  Next I used the Wonderous Wreath stamp set and coordinating framelits.  This stamp set is great, it’s 2 step stamping so there are different stamps for each layer so I could stamp in different colors and they all line up perfectly.  An added bonus is that the framelits now have tabs so as long as you line the tabs up at the same place it will match your stamp for perfect cutting (no more rotating the framelit around trying to find the perfect fit, AWESOME!

Once I cut the wreath out I added a piece of 1/8” Silver Ribbon as a hanger and a matching bow.  The greeting is from the Lots of Thanks stamp set and is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink on Pear Pizzaz cardstock.  I used the Big Shot and the new Project Life Framelits to cut out the greeting (it’s always great to think outside the box with our punches and framelits so you really get the most bang for your crafting buck!).

You could easily change this card to be a holiday card just by swapping out the greeting.

Have you decided to join in on my gratitude challenge?  Leave me a comment and share your cards and projects either here or on my FB business page.  I’ll be watching and at the end of the month will select one random participate to receive blog candy as my way of showing appreciating to you.
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Hope you can play along.

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog