Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge: Suite Sentiments

Good morning and Happy Wednesday!  So while we did get a little snow yesterday it wasn't quite as much as the snow lovers were hoping for but it was a little bit and Aidan was still able to get out and have some winter fun before winter is over (love how excited kids get for snow days).  Today we're getting back to the routine and I have a fun card to share using the Fab Friday sketch challenge.  I've had a request for some Easter cards so I've been working on those and decided to make this soft and simple card.




I started with Soft Sky cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock for the mat of the cardfront using Falling in Love Designer Series Paper.  I'm putting this out now, I sponged around the edges of all my cardstock layers on today's card using Sahara Sand ink.  The Falling in Love Designer Series Paper is so soft and pretty and while it wasn't designed specifically for Easter there are some great patterns and colors that work perfectly.

Next I took a Delicate White Doily (cut it in half) and then sponged it using Soft Sky ink.  The greeting is from the Suite Sentiments stamp set and was stamped in Sweet Sugarplum ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then matted with Blushing Bridge cardstock.  I added a few Pearls as accents on the sentiment piece.  Before attaching the greeting with dimensionals I added a piece of Sweet Sugarplum 3/8" Ruched Ribbon strip in the background.

This is a great sketch for really letting some of our beautiful designer series papers take center stage and shine, and makes the card really simple to make!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:


Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I am seeing so many beautiful cards made using the Falling in Love DSP and yours is no exception! It's a wonderful background for your Easter sentiment and sprinkling of pearls! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sweet Easter card - this DSP is making for stunning backgrounds! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Easter card, I love that doily! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog