Friday, March 24, 2017

SSINKspiration Sparkle and Shine: Custom Tee

Good morning and yeah for Friday!  The guys are heading out for another scout camping trip so it’s a quiet weekend for me and we’re told we’re supposed to get a break from the cold and have some nice weather so I’m looking forward to spending some time outside in the sun.  Anyone who knows me knows I like sparkle and bling so when I saw that today’s SSINKspiration blog was all about sparkle and shine I had to get in on the action.  While it would have been easy for me to throw every item of glitter and foil I own on the card I decided to show a little restraint today (shocking I know) and have some fun mixing things up while also adding a bit of a masculine touch to the card.

I started with Pacific Point cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Pop of Pink Speciality Designer Series Paper (like how each side of this paper pack has a pattern that doesn’t have pink for more options.  Then I added another piece of DSP from the package for the flag, this one with the gold foil confetti as well as a little flag of straight up gold foil paper.
Next I took a piece of Real Red cardstock and used the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out the large circle.  I used a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the T-shirt image from the Custom Tee Stamp Set and then stamped the saying from the Designer Tee Stamp Set (a SAB Freebie) in Basic Black ink.  Next I used the Tie Died stamp set and stamped the color tie-dye on the shirt using Real Red, Pacific Point, and Daffodil Delight ink and then cut the shirt out with the coordinating T-Shirt Builder Framelits.  Dimensionals were used to attach the shirt to the cardfront.  The final touch was to add a double bow I tied using Basic Black Baker’s Twine.
The bright colors will cheer you up and who doesn’t like tie dye?  And while there’s not a lot of sparkle just a little bit helps it really stand out.  I also love how the SAB stamp set coordinates with the shirt bundle in the Occasions catalog so you can get more use out of both sets but you don’t need the shirt bundle to have fun with the SAB set, win-win in my book!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card (remember we have less than 2 weeks remaining in Sale-a-bration this year):



Enjoy and have a fabulous weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog