Friday, March 17, 2017

SSINKspiration St. Patrick's Day: Pot of Gold Tasty Treats

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day (and a Friday, whoo hoo!)  This morning I'm heading out for a fun shamrock filled race weekend with friends but I couldn't headout without leaving my guys a little shamrock treat for the occasion.  Today on the SSINKspiration blog we're sharing St. Patrick's Day or green cards and while this isn't a card I decided it was too cute not to share.  We're big chocolate and peanut butter fans in our house (it really is perfection!) so this is my husband's treat and uses peanut butter M&M's in out 2"x8" cello bags (I got the M&M's on clearance after Christmas and just picked out the green ones).
I used a piece of the gold 3/8" Metallic Ribbon from SAB combo pack to tie the bag shut.  For the tag I used a piece of Whisper White cardstock and used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch to punch the top including the hole to thread the ribbon through.  To make the rainbow I used one of the paint images from the Painter's Palette stamp set using a rainbow of colors.  The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and was stamped in Cucumber Crush and then I cut it out with the Big Shot and the Project Life Labels and Cards Framelits set (a little sponging around the edge with Basic Black ink help sets it off against the tag).
 
Now you know I'm not a punch art person, it's not one of my gifts so I did quite a bit of searching on Pinterest for ideas and came up with this super easy idea for a pot of gold.  I used a 1 1/4" Circle Punch that was slightly trimmed down on one side as well as a couple pieces punched out with the Word Window Punch (retired, sorry) to make the top of the pot and it's legs.  To make the gold I used the 1/2" Circle Punch and Gold Foil Paper as well as some sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim.
 
I have to admit this came out really cute and I was happy with my punch art, even in it's simpliest forms and I'm sure hubby will enjoy it (at least for as long as the candy lasts which means it'll be gone by Sunday!)
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on this project:



Have a great weekend!
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog