Monday, March 13, 2017

SSINKspiration Card Sketch SSINKCS42: Lift Me Up

http://ssinkspiration.blogspot.com/2017/03/ssinkcs43-march-sketch-challenge.html Good morning!  It's always crazy when you look forward to the start of a new week to get a break from the craziness of the past weekend (but it was good, fun crazy so it's all good!)  A new Monday brings a new challenge over on the SSINKspiration blog and this time we have a sketch challenge.  With the upcoming snow storm being projected I decided I wanted to do something bright and cheery to remind me of the warmer, spring like weather that should be arriving soon (I hope).
I started with Peekabook Peach cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Night of Navy cardstock as a mat for the Carried Away Designer Series Paper (a SAB Freebie) that I used for the cardfront.  I used another piece of paper from the DSP stack for one flag and then used a strip of Watermelon Wonder 5/8" Mini Striped Ribbon for another flag.  For the main stamped image I used the Lift Me Up stamp set and coordinating framelits to cut out the little hot air balloon and clouds.  I used a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock and the 1 3/4" Circle Punch to create the sky and base for the balloon and clouds.  A dimensional was used to pop up the hot air balloon.


The greeting is from the same stamp set and was stamped in Night of Navy ink directly on the DSP.  As a final touch I added a few enamel dots as an accent on top of the greeting.  The enamel dots came from the Subtles, Regals, and 2016-2018 Enamel Dots sets.

This is such a classic card sketch and so versatile I love it and will really work with lots of different stamp sets, accessories, etc. and I love how the stamp set and framelits in the Occasions catalog coordinate perfectly with the free SAB designer series paper, makes crafting so fun and easy.

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:


Enjoy (and be safe)!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog