Monday, March 20, 2017

Hand Stamped Sentiments Card Sketch: Basket of Wishes

Good morning!  After some cold and challenging weather this weekend it looks like we're going to get a little breath of spring today which I'm really looking forward to.  A little breath of spring was kind of the inspiration for the card I made for this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch challenge.  I've been working on goal related projects quite a bit recently (holiday's, etc.) so I wanted to take a break to just play and make something that just makes me smile and this was the end result.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Watermelon Wonder cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of the Affectionately Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper and used it for the color combination inspiration.




For the main stamped image I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the basket and succulent images from the Basket of Wishes stamp set using Early Espresso ink and then used my Stampin' Write Markers to color it in (I used both tips of the marker's in the color and find using the thin tip is a great way to add a little accent of color like I did on the tips of the plants).  The greeting is from the Suite Sentiments stamp set and was stamped in Night of Navy ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and then punched out with the Decorative Label Punch.  I added a little strip of Cucumber Crush 5/8" Mini Striped Ribbon behind the greeting before attaching it with dimensionals for a little extra texture and pizzaz.

I was so happy with how this card turned out and it completely reflects the sunrise I saw this morning and how I'm feeling this morning.  Sometimes we all just need a little downtime for some play therapy to reset and relax!
 
Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:




Enjoy!
 
Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Great combination of embossing folder, dsp, and stamped image. Makes a perfect card. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog