Thursday, March 9, 2017

SSINKspiration March Blog Hop: Sale-a-brate with Us!


Good morning!  March is one of my favorite times of year, not only does it usually mean the arrival of spring, it’s also my birthday month, haha!  March is also the last month of Sale-a-bration, the best promotion Stampin’ Up! offers each year.  Since we only have a few short weeks left it’s only fitting that this months blog hop with the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration designers is all about Sale-a-bration and sharing some of our favorites.  I will say this has been a very unusual SAB for me in that the items I picked at the beginning as my favorites have kind of been replaced with some other items, just goes to show how great this year’s offerings are, something for everyone!
As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number #1 on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - Tobe B. ~ The Craft Sea. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below. 



I decided to make card that using the Tasty Trucks stamp set (love all the little images that come with it) along with the Metallic SAB ribbon that of course I’m over the moon for!  I started with Tip Top Taupe cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Watermelon Wonder cardstock for the cardfront that was embossed with the Big Shot and Elegant Dots Embossing Folder.  Next I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and the Tie Die stamp and stamped using Dapper Denim and Watermelon Wonder for a fun pattern (once I finished with my truck I did also lightly sponge over the white areas with Cucumber Crush ink just to help tie it together).
The Tasty Trucks stamp set and started by stamping the truck on Shimmery White Cardstock (this cardstock is great for watercoloring, along with our watercolor paper of course) using Archival Basic Black ink.  To color in the truck I used a mix of Watercolor Pencils (these are awesome), Stampin’ Write Markers, Classic Ink Pads, and a blender pen.  Coloring is all the trend right now so I just embraced my inner child for a little color therapy.  I did add a little Clear Wink of Stella to the hubcaps of the tires for a little sparkle.  After I was done coloring I used a piece of Cucumber Crush cardstock for a mat.
Now it was time to add a little accent and I decided to use several pieces of ribbon layered, Watermelon Wonder 5/8” Mini Striped Ribbon, Dapper Denim 3/8” Ruched Ribbon, and of course some 3/8” Metallic Ribbon (SAB Freebie!).  I did use my handheld stapler to attach all the different ribbon pieces together before attaching it to the cardfront.  The final touch was the greeting.  It was from the same stamp set and was stamped on Tip Top Taupe cardstock using Dapper Denim ink and then I punched it out with the Classic Label Punch and then attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.
I love all the bright bold colors (several of these are In Colors that will be retiring soon, so SAB is a perfect time to stock up on ink refills, cardstock, etc. before they are announced as retiring, they will sell out quickly!) they just make me want to eat that ice cream.  And there is no better way to celebrate than with ice cream, am I right?
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s project:





Make sure to check out the rest of the blog hop for lots of other great ideas.  If you click the “Next” button, you’ll go to Darla's site but you can also access any of the hopper’s site from the full blog list below.

http://stampinwithdarla.blogspot.com/2017/03/ssinkspiration-march-blog-hop-sale.html

Blog Hop Participant List:

1. Tobe B. ~ The Craft Sea
2. Diana E. ~ Stampin' Fun with Diana
3. Darla R. ~ Stampin' with Darla
4. Cathy A. ~ Maine Mountain Stamper
5. Jennifer G. ~ Jenny G Paper Crafts
6. Jen G. ~ Faith.Grace.Stamp
7. Nichole L. ~ Scrappy Stamps & Ink
8. Kim R. ~ Stampin' with Kim
9. Darcy J. ~ Dj's Stampin' Place
10. Pamela W. ~ Stinky Tofu
11. Donna S. ~ Geek Squad Crafting
12. Cheryl H. ~ Create with Cheryl
Have a great day,

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog