Wednesday, March 22, 2017

SSINKspiration Spring Card: Basket Bunch

Good morning!  So despite the crazy snow we received last week I'm very happy to see that not all of our flowers and Cherry Blossoms have died so we'll still have some springtime color and blooms.  It's springtime that's the theme for today's SSINKspiration blog so I made this fun springy card using the Basket Bunch Bundle but not going the Easter route.

I started with Wild Wasabi cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the cardfront.  On the cardfront I used the Timeless Textures stamp set to stamp the polka dot line along the bottom using Soft Suede ink (that was stamped off first) and then added a strip of Soft Suede designer series paper from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack.  Then I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to stamp the different splotches in the background using Peekaboo Peach and Soft Sky ink.

I used the Big Shot and Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut out the circle background using Soft Sky ink.  The Basket Bunch stamp set and coordinating framelits have so many great pieces.  I used the framelits to cut out the different basket pieces using Crumb Cake and Soft Suede cardstock and the super cute grass was cut out using Wild Wasabi cardstock.  I stamped the flowers on a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Basic Black ink and after coloring them in using the Watercolor Pencils (awesome) and a blender pen.  After cutting the flowers out using the framelits I attached them to the card using dimensionals.

The greeting is also in the stamp set and was stamped on So Saffron cardstock and then punched out with the Classic Label Punch and attached with dimensionals.  The final touch was to tie a super small bow using the Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon.

I really like how there are so many different images and pieces in this stamp set and framelits so you can use it for lots of different occasions making it a really great value.  I'm heading hard into some Easter plans so I know I'll be using this set a lot and can't wait to share.  The other design team members are sharing some fun cards to share their thoughts of spring so make sure to go check them out!

Below are easy ordering links for the product's used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog